Posted by Sarah Pryor
Truth or Dare is a classic party game for good reason: it gets everyone’s adrenaline pumping while helping players learn more about one another. And it often leads to stories everyone will be repeating for years.
For the uninitiated, Truth or Dare involves players choosing whether to tell the truth — total honesty is a must here — or do a “dare” of another player’s choosing. It’s a simple concept that everyone can catch onto quickly.
It might be a good idea to lay some simple ground rules for your game: nothing that will endanger players’ health, safety, employment or relationships should be allowed. Other than that, have fun!Ready to play? Here are 100 Truth or Dare questions for all ages:
Don’t be fooled into thinking “Truth” is the safe option out of the two choices in this game. Some questions could be embarrassing, revealing and downright hilarious. The only rule is that you have to be completely honest.
- What is a weird food that you love?
- What terrible movie or show is your guilty pleasure?
- What was your biggest childhood fear?
- What is the first letter of your crush’s name?
- What is the worst grade you received for a class in school/college?
- What is the biggest lie you’ve ever told?
- Have you ever accidentally hit something (or someone!) with your car?
- Have you ever broken an expensive item?
- What is one thing you’d change about your appearance if you could?
- If you suddenly had a million dollars, how would you spend it?
- Who is the best teacher you’ve ever had and why?
- What is the worst food you’ve ever tasted?
- What is the weirdest way you’ve met someone you now consider a close friend?
- What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve posted on social media?
- Who was your first celebrity crush?
- Have you ever revealed a friend’s secret to someone else?
- How many kids do you want to have one day (or how many did you want to have growing up)?
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is a secret you had as a child that you never told your parents?
- What is your favorite book of all time?
- What is the last text message you sent your best friend?
- What is something you would do if you knew there were no consequences?
- What is the worst physical pain you’ve ever been in?
- Personality-wise, are you more like your mom or your dad?
- When is the last time you apologized (and what did you do)?
- Have you ever reported someone for doing something wrong (either to the police or at work/school)?
- If your house caught on fire and you could only save three things (besides people), what would they be?
- If you could pick one other player to take with you to a deserted island, who would it be?
- What sport or hobby do you wish you would’ve picked up as a child?
- Have you ever stolen anything?
Sample Sign Ups
Create Sign Up
- Have you ever been kicked out of a store, restaurant, bar, event, etc.?
- What is the worst date you’ve ever had?
- What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever done in public?
- What is the last excuse you used to cancel plans?
- What is the biggest mistake you’ve ever made at school or work?
- Which player would survive the longest in a horror/apocalypse movie, and who would be the first one to die?
- What is the dirtiest room/area of your house?
- Which of your family members annoys you the most?
- When is the last time you cried?
- When is the last time you made someone else cry?
- What is the longest you’ve ever gone without showering?
- What is the worst date you’ve ever been on?
- When is the last time you did something technically illegal?
- If you could pick anyone in the world to be president, who would you choose?
- How many times do you wear your jeans before you wash them?
- Do you pee in pools?
- If someone went through your closet, what is the weirdest thing they’d find?
- Have you ever lied about your age?
- Besides your phone, what’s the one item in your house you couldn’t live without?
- What is the biggest fight you’ve ever been in with a friend?
Invite friends to RSVP for an evening around the fire pit.View an Example
Remember earlier when we said no endangering people’s lives, employment or relationships? Safety is the name of the game with the “Dare” category, but you can still have plenty of cringe-worthy fun.
- Read the last text message you sent out loud.
- Show the weirdest item you have in your purse/pockets.
- Call the first person in your contacts list and sing them “Happy Birthday.”
- Do your best impression of a fish out of water.
- Give another player your phone and let them send a social media DM to anyone they want.
- Do as many push-ups as you can in one minute.
- Give a one-word “roast” to each other player.
- Speak in an Australian accent until your next turn.
- Let another player tickle you but don’t laugh!
- Spin in a swivel chair for 30 seconds and then try to walk a straight line.
- Go outside and sing “You are My Sunshine” at full volume.
- Let another player draw a tattoo on your arm in permanent marker.
- Hold the plank position until it’s your turn again.
- Tell each player who you think their celebrity look alike is.
- Show off your best dance moves for the full duration of a song.
- Narrate the game in a newscaster voice for three turns.
- Walk next door with a measuring cup and ask for a cup of sugar.
- Switch clothes with another player for the rest of the game.
- Put on a blindfold and touch each players’ face until you can guess who each player is.
- Let another player pour a glass of water on your head.
Coordinate a birthday party with an online sign up.View an Example
- Give a shoulder rub to the player to your right (if they are comfortable).
- Attempt to juggle two or three items of the asker’s choosing.
- Perform a dramatic version of a monologue from a favorite TV show or movie.
- Show the most embarrassing photo on your phone.
- Comment a fire emoji on the first five pictures on your Instagram feed.
- Do an impression of another player until your next turn.
- Try to drink a glass of water without using your hands.
- Allow the other players to blindfold you and try to guess three food items from the pantry just by smell.
- Do your best interpretive dance/gymnastics floor routine.
- Go outside and do your best wolf howl at the moon.
- Post an unflattering selfie to your favorite social media account.
- Talk and act like a celebrity until the group can guess who you are (this could go multiple turns!)
- If you have to get up for the rest of the game, no walking allowed. You can crawl on all fours, roll, somersault, hop on one foot etc., but no walking!
- Remove your socks with your teeth.
- Go outside and pretend to mow grass with an invisible mower — sounds and all.
- Act out a commercial for a product chosen by the other players.
- Sing instead of speaking any time you talk for three turns.
- Make a silly face and keep it that way until someone in the group laughs.
- Do a freestyle rap about the other players for one minute.
- Show the group your internet search history.
- Let another player style your hair and leave it that way for the rest of the game.
- Video chat the person of your choice but pick your nose through the entire conversation.
- Put your shoes on the wrong feet and keep them there for the rest of the game.
- Call a random acquaintance and tell them you want to break up.
- Let the other players pose you and remain in that position until your next turn.
- Allow someone else in the group to blindfold you and feed you one item out of the fridge.
- Lead the group in a mini yoga class for one minute.
- How old are you? Whatever your age is, do that many squats.
- Perform a dance routine to a boy band song of the group’s choice.
- Let another player draw a washable marker mustache on you.
Whether you’re ready to tell the truth or do an outrageous dare, this list guarantees laughter, introspection and memories for years to come.
Create a Sign UpView Plans
SignUpGenius makes groups and clubs organizing easy.
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is the most embarrassing thing you've ever done?
- What's a secret you've never told anyone?
- What is your biggest fantasy?
- When was the last time you cried?
- What is the biggest lie you've ever told?
- What is the most embarrassing photo of you?
- What are your top three turn-ons? ...
- What is your deepest darkest fear? ...
- Tell me about your first kiss. ...
- Who is the sexiest person here? ...
- What is your biggest regret? ...
- Who here has the nicest butt? ...
- Who is your crush? ...
- Who was the last person you licked?
- Pretend and act to be someone's pet dog and sit on their lap.
- Apply lipstick without using a mirror.
- Hold hands with the person to your right for 60 seconds.
- Write the name of your crush on your forehead.
- Take a bite out of a stick of butter.
A good lie is one that's ultimately believable: it'll sound like something you might've done or might want to do (but haven't actually done). A lie that's too farfetched will clearly sound fake, so try to think of lies that are similar to truths to make them as plausible-sounding as possible.What should I ask in Truth or Dare 18? ›
- When was the last time you lied?
- What's the worst thing you've ever done at work?
- When was the last time you cried?
- What's your biggest fear?
- What's your biggest fantasy?
- Do you have any fetishes?
- Who's the last person you searched on Instagram?
If you're looking for a fun group activity or just a way to pass the time, a classic game of Truth or Dare is the perfect way to get to know your best friends even better. Whether it's deep, soul-searching Qs or daredevil antics that you prefer, your style of playing can reveal a lot about you.What dare can I give to my friend? ›
- Give a foot massage to the person to your right.
- Call the 3rd contact on your phone and sing them 30 seconds of a song that the group chooses! What is this? ...
- Whisper something dirty to the person on your left.
- Let the rest of the group DM someone from your Instagram account.
Dare: Kiss me where you've never kissed me before!
Ignite some fire by daring him to kiss you, maybe even somewhere he has never kissed you before. And you never know what one deep sensual kiss could lead to…
We wanted to laugh but didn't dare. The actress dared a new interpretation of the classic role. She dared him to dive off the bridge. She dared me to ask him out on a date.What DARE activities for students? ›
- “Dance around like a monkey for ten seconds.”
- “Moonwalk across the room.”
- “Go a whole minute without blinking.”
- “Do ten pushups.”
- “Spin an imaginary hula hoop for one minute.”
- “Go outside and hug a tree.”
- “Make funny faces for one minute.”
- “Imitate an old man or lady.”
- You need to get them to say 19 or 20; therefore, if you say 18, you win.
- To say 18, you need to get them to say 16, or 17, so if you say 15, you win.
- Continuing on, if you say 12 you win.
- if you say 9, you win,
- if you say 6, you win,
- if you say 3, you win.
1 – Dance around like a monkey for ten seconds. 2 – Moonwalk across the room. 3 – Kiss the person next to you on the forehead. 4 – Sit on a balloon until it pops. 5 – Go a whole minute without blinking.
Simple Dare Questions
Do jumping jacks until the next turn. Let another player style your hair. Crawl like a worm. Dance to a song chosen by another player.
Dares For When They're Feeling Adventurous
Take your best thirst trap photo, post it on social media, and tag me. Send a screenshot of your search history for the last two days. Show me your best lap dance moves on FaceTime. Show me how you like to be kissed on your hand over FaceTime.
- Who was your first kiss?
- What is the biggest lie you've ever told?
- Who is the hottest person here?
- Who is your crush?
- What's one thing that no one here knows about you?
- What is the most embarrassing thing in your room?
- What is the dumbest/craziest thing you've ever done?
- Exchange clothes with the person sitting on your left.
- Wear your swimming suit and pretend you are swimming.
- Lick your elbow while singing an alphabet.
- Let others do your hair.
- Go outside on the street and hold the sign "Honk if I'm cute".
- Eat 1 teaspoon of mustard.
For example, a *super cool* player could say, “I've been camel riding (truth), I've had coffee with Sandra Oh (truth), and I have two brothers (lie).” Others like to make two boring statements (one of which is the lie) and just one outlandish truth to throw the other players off.What are black lies? ›
A black lie is sometimes considered the worst kind of lying. It is defined as “callous selfishness” and malevolence. The dictionary says it's a “deliberate misrepresentation of facts in order to deceive.” The only purpose is to get oneself out of trouble or gain some benefit not felt to be otherwise possible.How can I spice up Truth or dare? ›
Describe one bad thing you have done that no one else knows about. Describe the most awkward romantic encounter you have ever had. What is the grossest food item you have put in your mouth? Tell us the most embarrassing nickname you have ever had.What is truth dare? ›
Truth or dare? is a mostly verbal party game requiring two or more players. Players are given the choice between answering a question truthfully, or performing a dare. The game is particularly popular among adolescents and children, and is sometimes used as a forfeit when gambling. Truth or dare?
- Give me a romantic nickname.
- Reveal a picture of a person that turns you on.
- Close your eyes and sit on someone's lap and try to guess who that person is.
- Let someone style your hair.
Make a sleepover or a party more interesting with Truth or Dare! The #1 game for having fun with your friends. This is one of the most popular party games for students and adults.Is Truth or Dare OK for kids? ›
Truth or Dare is rated PG-13 by the MPAA for violence and disturbing content, alcohol abuse, some sexuality, language and thematic material. Violence: Young men and women challenge one another to complete “dares” that are often violent and include shooting or physically harming each other/themselves.Is a dare a challenge? ›
When you challenge or provoke someone to try something risky, it's a dare. If you accept a dare, you're probably trying to prove how brave you are.How do you dare in life? ›
Here are 10 dares you can try this month.
- Dare yourself to face your fear. ...
- Dare to play like a kid. ...
- Dare your brain. ...
- Dare to thrill. ...
- Dare to do some weird stuff.
The DARE program lost funding in 1998 and has since been replaced by the keepin' it REAL program (kiR).What is the goal of DARE? ›
The D.A.R.E. ® curriculum is designed to equip elemen- tary, middle, and high school students with the appropri- ate skills to resist substance abuse, violence, and gangs.What is a dare for a 13 year old? ›
- Kiss the person to your left on the forehead.
- Go to the kitchen and eat a chili.
- Sing a song and do the hokey pokey in the center of the circle.
- Run around the room imitating a monkey or a gorilla.
- Pick someone from the group and dance with them to a love song.
- Pull a moonie.
- Attempt to break dance for 30 seconds.
- Serenade the person to your right.
- Dance like your life depends on it with no music for 2 whole minutes.
- Give a personalised insult to everyone in the room.
- Tell everyone your most embarrassing story about yourself.
Simple and Easy Dares
Attempt to do 10 pushups (or fewer for littler kids). Crabwalk across the room. Army crawl across the room. Attempt a cartwheel.
As a group, players take turns counting one, two, or three numbers in sequence from 1 to 21. The player that has to say “21,” loses the round and has to tell a truth, complete a dare, or answer a situational question. The numbers you say are entirely your choice—there are not any set patterns that you must follow.Dare or Dare How do you play? ›
The premise is simple: Players take turns asking one another "truth or dare?" If they choose truth, they have to answer a question of the asker's choosing. If they choose dare, the asker dares them to do something rather than make a confession.What are the 10 dare sentences? ›
- Don't you dare leave me here. ...
- Don't dare to say it was her fault. ...
- How dare you say he is dishonorable? ...
- I did not dare to ask about him. ...
- And don't you dare go in that mine!
- How many people have you kissed?
- Do you ever think about me?
- What have you done sexually with someone else?
- What attracts you to people?
- What are your thoughts on sex?
- Are you a virgin?
- Do you think you're a good kisser?
- What turns you on?
- What's the weirdest dream you've ever had?
- If you could travel to any year in a time machine, what year would you choose and why?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- What's one of the most fun childhood memories you have?
- How many people have you kissed?
- Have you ever picked your nose and ate it?
- What is the longest you have ever gone without a shower?
- What is something you've done that could have gotten you in serious trouble?
- What's the one thing you really want to do but have never done? ...
- What are your fundamental life values? ...
- What would you do if money wasn't an object? ...
- If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to admit them? ...
- How are you influencing the world?
- Why are you passionate about what you do?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years' time?
- What do you think makes a good leader?
- Do you think money is important?
- What makes you the happiest?
- What is the most surprising fact you've learnt about yourself?
- What are you afraid of?
- Do you believe in love at first sight? ...
- What's your perfect day? ...
- What's your favorite romantic movie? ...
- What's the quickest way to your heart? ...
- Do you get butterflies when you fall in love? ...
- What's your favorite romantic story?
The best strategy to use in 20 questions
Choose each of your questions so that there will be a 50/50 likelihood that the answer to the question will be "Yes." That way you will learn as much as possible with each question.
These 20 questions to ask your boyfriend will help you both develop the relationship you want. What is your favorite thing about our relationship? What one thing can I do to make our relationship better? Do you like spending time with my family and friends?What dare Can you give online? ›
- “Send me names of five of the cutest people in your contact list. ...
- “Send me a video of you singing XYZ...” ...
- “You have three minutes to change into your cringiest outfit. ...
- “Record yourself doing your makeup blindfolded...”
- Where did I come from?
- Who am I?
- Why am I here?
- How should I live?
- Where am I going?
“Why is there something instead of nothing?” has been sometimes labeled as the “biggest question of all.”